Operation Ward 57 is seeking to fill a couple vacant positions on our Board of Directors. We are seeking individuals passionate about helping our nation’s wounded service members. Applicants do not need to be current or former military. They just need to be ethusiastic about serving this population and helping Operation Ward 57 serve it’s mission. There is no geographical location the applicant needs to live in, as board meetings are held via phone conference. If interested, or need more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description and Expectations
Purpose: To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Operation Ward 57 so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Personnel evaluation and staff development
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of Operation Ward 57. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of term: Two years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms, pending approval of the board.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The board of directors meets via phone conference an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda. Calls generally last 60 minutes.
- Board members may be asked to attend special events or meetings during the year, as they are determined.
Expectations of board members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Operation Ward 57 mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote Operation Ward 57 mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with Operation Ward 57 finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of Operation Ward 57.
- Financially support Operation Ward 57 in a manner commensurate with one’s abilities.